Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes: WebKit.dll problems in Windows 8.1

Hi!

I have problems with iTunes 11 last update of 2014
Specifically with webkit.dll

I use a original copy of Windows 8.1

The problem is shown in screenshots:
http://i42.tinypic.com/25g5ame.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/14vgy6w.png

I tried many things, reinstall iTunes, try reinstalling the previous version which was what worked well and the problem persists.

Help me please!

iTunes-OTHER, Other OS, Original copy of Windows 8.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 1:03 PM

13 replies

Jan 25, 2014 11:16 AM in response to RojasLCC

After a while trying different suggestions, the thing that worked was uninstall all apple softwear (iTunes, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobil Device Support, Bonjour and Apple Application Support. THEN DELETE THE iTunes DIRECTORIES! THEN REBOOT. Deleting the iTunes directories (I found two of them) was what allowed the download and install to work. Tried three times uninstalling and reinstalling all the above, but did not work and no more webkit.dll problem.

Hope this helps.

Jan 26, 2014 12:43 PM in response to Community User

Thank You very much TurboClown.

This is the solution cor webkit.sol problema in windows.

After a while trying different suggestions, the thing that worked was uninstall all apple softwear (iTunes, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobil Device Support, Bonjour and Apple Application Support. THEN DELETE THE iTunes DIRECTORIES! THEN REBOOT. Deleting the iTunes directories (I found two of them) was what allowed the download and install to work. Tried three times uninstalling and reinstalling all the above, butdidnotwork and no more webkit.dll problem. Hope this helps.

Jan 27, 2014 2:56 PM in response to RojasLCC

This solution did not work for me, so if anyone else has the same issue, here is what worked for me;

First, delete the Webkit.dll file itself before deleting any folders/uninstalling any programs, after uninstalling every single Apple product delete all files that have to do with apple in the program files and the AppData folder.

The AppData folder is normally hidden so a little fiddling with folder settings is going to be required to reveal said folder.

You will then need to restart your computer before trying a reinstall of iTunes and everything that comes with it.

Hope this helps.

Jan 30, 2014 4:49 PM in response to RojasLCC

Hola!

Soy de Lima, Perú.

Yo tuve el mismo problema y lo solucioné, desinstalando todo software de Apple Inc, y luego borré la carpeta iTunes de "Archivos de Programa (x86)" y limpié el registro con TuneUp 2014.

Después de esto, volvi a instalar iTunes y todo bien, todo como antes.

Por si acaso, tengo una ASUS con Windows 8.1 de 64 bits en español.

iTunes: WebKit.dll problems in Windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.