Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ipod touch is not showing up on my computer when I plug in to update and download audiobooks.

I ipod touch is not showing up on my computer when I plug in to update and download audiobooks.

iPod touch (5th generation), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 1:30 PM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2014 7:14 AM in response to khdewey

Hey khdewey,

Thanks for the question. I understand you are experiencing issues with your iPod touch being recognized in iTunes on your Mac. The following resource may provide a solution:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1591

Note: This article is for Mac OS X users. If you're using a Windows PC, please refer to these troubleshooting suggestions.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. Ensure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

2. Install software updates on your Mac.

Note: If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.

3. Check USB connections. iOS devices require USB 2.0 to function properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, refer to the computer's specifications.

4. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.

5. Restart your Mac.

Additional Information

In rare circumstances, your device may be recognized after reinstalling iTunes, but after you restart your Mac, the device may not be recognized again. If this happens and you're using Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, please follow these steps.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.