Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad or mouse won't click

Hi everyone, I've got a weird problem here.

All of a sudden, after waking it from sleep, the trackpad on a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, running 10.7.5 (as high as it will go), won't click.

I heard that this can happen when a Bluetooth mouse is connected and somehow being pressed down, so just in case, I shut Bluetooth off. Still nothing.

I connected a USB ump use, just like the Trackpad, I can use the mouse to move the cursor around, but it won't let me click on anything.

However, using my iPhone and Screens, I can connect to my MacBook and I can click using that device, but it's totally useless for long term use.

I've restarted, booted in single-user mode, did some basic repairs, booted in safe mode, zapped the PRAM, nothing bring back the mouse or trackpad clicking.

Does anyone have any idea?

Hope you can help.

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 2:07 PM

2 replies

Jan 16, 2016 10:12 AM in response to Steve Paris

I had the same problem. Other posts told me to look for a magic Mouse (which I no longer have) or reboot into PRAM or NVRAM.

I did not need to reboot into PRAM or NVRAM.

And it wasn't my mouse (I had turned off or pulled the battery out of any wireless mouse that was in my house, whether attached to a computer or not).

I rebooted the system each time, but nothing changed.

Then I turned off my Logitech wireless keyboard.

Nothing changed until I rebooted the Mac again. Voila! All was fixed.

Trackpad or mouse won't click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.