Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Mid 2010 - Wifi will not connect

Hello all !

I have what seems a common problem and I have not been able to find a solution which fixes my issue.

I have rebuilt a MBP 15-inch Mid 2010, wiping the drive and starting an install of 10.8 from scratch. As part of the setup Ive tried to connect to our local (work wifi) guest access wifi network but continually get a Connection timeout error. Ive updated the laptop to 10.8.5 and tried again from my desk and then from right under the WAP to take any interference out of the equation, but I am unable to connect.

Ive been reading many forums/google searches for several days and have tried numerous ideas, but to no avail, the mac simply wont connect.

On the other hand I have just grabbed a spare iPad V1 which has been sitting in a drawer for months, and connected within seconds of inputting the password.

Looking at the MBP's Console - System log, Im seeing MacAuthEvent en1 Auth result for XX:XX:XX MAC AUTH succeeded on several MAC's but also some Unsolicited Auths, Auth request tx failed and Auth timed out messages.

As this was a fresh install after a wipe no existing networks (other than the Ethernet) are shown, and Im not having any issues with that interface that I am aware of yet ...

Anyone know of a fix for this, and yes I have done a reinstall, in fact I had installed Mavericks and had the same issue, and thought I'd go back to 10.8 in the hope it was an OS thing ... As I recall the computer was on 10.6 and wifi was working, but I dont want to go back there unless I really have to !

Regards

Mitch

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 4:50 PM

1 reply

MBP Mid 2010 - Wifi will not connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.