Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the Default Restrictions Password for the Apple TV?

I came and turned on my Apple TV to watch Netlix, and it brought me to a "Enter Passcode", Enter your four-digit passcode. I or we, did not set up a 4-digit passcode. if there is a defaulted passcode, can I please have it? This is the second time this has happened to me, the first time, I ended up Resetting the entire apple TV. and I do not want to do that again.

Please help, this is getting frustrated.

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2017 11:56 PM

Know you've long solved this question, but thought this might be helpful to others searching this subject... I found in two instances that I hadn't actually forgot my password... I was putting it in correctly but something messed up BUT, was fixed by a restart... then my password started working again.

So if you think you know your password and your login is failing.., do a restart then enter again before resetting you device from scratch... could save a LOT of trouble reconfiguring everything...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2017 11:56 PM in response to laxgiibau1966

Know you've long solved this question, but thought this might be helpful to others searching this subject... I found in two instances that I hadn't actually forgot my password... I was putting it in correctly but something messed up BUT, was fixed by a restart... then my password started working again.

So if you think you know your password and your login is failing.., do a restart then enter again before resetting you device from scratch... could save a LOT of trouble reconfiguring everything...

What is the Default Restrictions Password for the Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.