Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't iCloud.com have all my iPhone Contacts

I've had my iPhone 5 for over a year, and just recently started using icloud.com to look up contacts, calendar, etc. I've just noticed that my icloud.com Contacts does not have all of the Contacts on my iPhone. For example. icloud.com Contacts shows nine entries in the "G" section, but my iPhone shows over 50 contacts with the last name starting with "G."

I thought that the icloud.com was a complete backup of those core apps of my iPhone. If I broke my iPhone and had to restore everything to a new iPhone, isn't the icloud.com where all that comes from?

How do I get icloud.com to show all of the same Contacts as my iPhone?

Thanks for any help.

-Mark

iPhone 5, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:41 PM

Open the contacts app on your phone and tap Groups. Do you have any non-iCloud groups/accounts listed that contain contacts, such as On My iPhone, Gmail, Yahoo or an exchange account?

Also go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section). Do you have the default account settings, and if so, what is set as your default account?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2014 5:41 PM in response to mabacapa

Open the contacts app on your phone and tap Groups. Do you have any non-iCloud groups/accounts listed that contain contacts, such as On My iPhone, Gmail, Yahoo or an exchange account?

Also go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section). Do you have the default account settings, and if so, what is set as your default account?

Jan 24, 2014 5:19 AM in response to randers4

I don't have 'Groups' on the top of my Contacts App (I used to, though, not sure why I don't have it now).

When I go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section), I don't have the "Default Account" option on the screen, just:

Sort Order

Display Order

Short Name

My Info

then, under that it says, "Import SIM Contacts"

Then the CALENDAR section.

Jan 24, 2014 10:10 AM in response to mabacapa

Your settings appear to be correct, and you are not syncing contacts with an external account or storing them locally on your phone. To fix this, you're going to have to manually add any missing contacts from your phone to your contact on icloud.com. Once all the contact from your phone are on icloud.com, go to Settings>iCloud, turn Contacts off, choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted, then after a few seconds, turn Contacts back on again. This deletes the iCloud contacts from your phone, but not from iCloud. They will reappear on your phone when you turn Contacts back on again, and this should restart your syncing properly again.

Why doesn't iCloud.com have all my iPhone Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.