Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do you enter the passcode for wireless keyboard?

I received Macbook 2.1 as a gift. The former owner and I reinstalled Snow Leopard and I entered my personal information as part of the installation. When I used the bluetooth assistant it recognized the Mighty Mouse right away and used my name for the mouse - it works great.

When I tried to do the same for the keyboard the keyboard showed up as the previous owner's keyboard. It wouldn't delete. I said go aheaad and use this keyboard. A passcode appears in a popup and says to enter it when the keyboard is ready. But nothing ever appeared for me to type the passcode in. Finally the box with the yellow triangle said unable to complete pairing process. I've tried this a few other times,, same problem.

I have done the updates and nothing helps. I even used the mouse and keyboard cd which installed Ruby - and no luck. I can't understand why the keyboard shows up as the other person's since they are gone from the system..

I even used a terminal window with sudo to do a find -depth and grepped for files with the other person's name and there are none

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 6:12 PM

I just figured it out. As soon as the passcode appears, I typed the number using the keys on the wireless keyboard and pressed return. It's connected now with my name. I kept waiting for some other popup box to type the code into. I didn't see any instruction just saying type the number on the wireless keyboard.

Hope this helps someone else.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2014 6:12 PM in response to meridaho

I just figured it out. As soon as the passcode appears, I typed the number using the keys on the wireless keyboard and pressed return. It's connected now with my name. I kept waiting for some other popup box to type the code into. I didn't see any instruction just saying type the number on the wireless keyboard.

Hope this helps someone else.

Where do you enter the passcode for wireless keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.