Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How the heck do I get out of recovery mode??

Okay, so first of all, I know that there are other threads dealing with this subject, but im hoping to get an answer to my rather complex problem.

situation: i was taking pictures with my 4s - ios 7, when it suddenly switched off. First i thought, well that happened before, so i tried to turn it back on, but i couldnt, since the itunes logo plus the usb icon showed up.

then i plugged my device into my pc, and ran itunes, it seemed easy enough, I started restoring the phone. That did not end well tho, because i got an error message. error nr.27, which as i know from hours of researching on the web, is not even known by apple itself. so after i got the error msg, i was still positive, and i gave it an other shot. then another one and so on. after a while i started searching for alternative solutions on the internet. pretty sure I tried most of it, so let me list the things i tried.

- tinyumbrella

- redsn0w

-limera1n

- reiboot

-ireb

- pushing home and lock button in different orders and had them pushed down for minutes, at the same time, separately, so on.

- plugged it into three different computers, and at least 7 different usb ports.

- played around with the host files [not sure how much good that did, since i was following instructions from youtube, and had no idea what i was doing]

- turned off my eset nod for 30 minutes

- turned off my firewall

- updated my itunes, and my windows as well

I think this more or less sums up my 48-hour struggle with my phone, and im quite sure, that i know the answer already... but ill just ask anyway: is there ANY way that this is a software problem, and not something that requires service? or can my phone even be saved?

please someone out there help me, because im really getting desperate here,

Nori xx

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, not being a good friend

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:26 PM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2014 5:47 PM in response to noriarr

Well, all of those "alternative" solutions have probably screwed up your computer so badly that there is little hope of undoing the damage they have done to your computer and possibly your phone. And none of them work with iOS 7 anyway.

So for a start you should use a different computer, or reinstall Windows networking on your current computer. This is Apple's help tip for that error: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#hardware

How the heck do I get out of recovery mode??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.