Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync iPhone 4s with iTunes 11.1.4.62

I just updated to iTunes 11.1.4.62 and now I can't sync iPhone 4s. In fact, iTunes now does not recognize that iPhone is even connected under DEVICES. Was working fine before this iTunes update.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 7:24 PM

I found the answer on this website!!!

1. Go to Windows 8.1 Control Panel.
  2. Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Unspecified (look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver)
  3. Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.
  4. Select the "Hardware" tab at the top When the properties dialog box opens, once more select properties on the lower right hand button.
  5. Under the "Driver" tab menu, the update driver button will be grey and unselectable here. So you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.
  6. Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.
  7. Select "Update Driver".
  8. Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  9. For Windows 8.1 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  10. Click Next, and let the driver re-install.
  11. iTunes 11.1.4.62 should open automatically if your iphone is connected already.
31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2014 7:24 PM in response to abieric

I found the answer on this website!!!

1. Go to Windows 8.1 Control Panel.
  2. Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Unspecified (look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver)
  3. Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.
  4. Select the "Hardware" tab at the top When the properties dialog box opens, once more select properties on the lower right hand button.
  5. Under the "Driver" tab menu, the update driver button will be grey and unselectable here. So you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.
  6. Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.
  7. Select "Update Driver".
  8. Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  9. For Windows 8.1 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  10. Click Next, and let the driver re-install.
  11. iTunes 11.1.4.62 should open automatically if your iphone is connected already.

Jan 24, 2014 8:18 AM in response to abieric

I tried the steps about and they did not work since my computer had the "Update Driver" greyed out. I was able to get around this by going to the "Device Manager." From there I had to check three different places to find my phone.

1. Imaging Devices

2. Other Devices

3. USB Controllers

I found my iphone under option 2 Other Devices. I then right clicked the phone and selected Update Device Driver.

Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

Click on "Have Disk"

Paste the following C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers in the "Copy manufacturer's files from"

This worked for me.

Cannot sync iPhone 4s with iTunes 11.1.4.62

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.