Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Iframe in Joomla Displays wrong

Hi,

I have a bizzare problem. I have made my first Joomla site and it has a where we are page here and on my iMac and windows it displays correctly. But on the iPad it moves the map to the middle of somewhere but not where the google code snippit asks for it. It also does it on a Blackberry.

The Joomla installation is version 3. I'm hoping that someone may have solved this and I also hope that you don't mind me posting here as it is iPad related I don't really mind where the Blackberry goes!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 12:04 AM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2014 12:12 AM in response to David Wigley

You'd be better off posting on the forums for Joomla or the Google Maps code snippet you're using.

It's certainly not an iPad problem as other websites showing similar Google maps display perfectly on iPad.

Here's one example: http://www.cheltenhamandgloucesterunitarians.org.uk/contact-us/how-to-find-us/

It's obviously a problem with the particular map code you're using.

Jan 24, 2014 2:41 AM in response to David Wigley

Yeah, it seems to be something to do with that code snippet. The code used on that example site is very different.

Google Maps on mobile devices uses different code as it shows maps optimised for mobile devices.

Have a look for a Google Maps plugin for Joomla which caters for embedding of both mobile and desktop maps, rather than using the Google snippet which is geared towards desktop viewing.

Google Iframe in Joomla Displays wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.