Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote for Mac crashes when attempting to link to Keynote for iOS on iPad mini

In Keynote for Mac (6.1), the instructions read

Make sure the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, then go to Keynote for iOS and tap the Remote icon

On my iPad Mini (7.0.4), I open Keynote for iOS, follow the instructions until I see the radiating blue dot in the iOS Keynote "Set Up Remote" pane. This triggers the "Link" button to appear in my Mac Keynote remotes preferences pane. So, I click on the "Link" button on the Mac and then Keynote for Mac crashes.

Happens every time. Anyone else experiencing this? If not, any suggestions?

My Mac=

MacBook Pro

OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

13-inch, Early 2011

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHZ DDR3

I just updated my iPad and my Mac this afternoon - all apps and OS to make sure that this was not the source of the malfunction.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 7:25 PM

I'm having this exact problem. Just updated iPhone, iPad mini, and my mac's Keynote verison and now Keynote on my mac is crashing everytime I try to link to the phone or ipad. Would love a fix!

Thanks,

Alan

12 replies

Jan 28, 2014 3:34 AM in response to nsudboro

I am having the same problem Keynote crashed on several ocassions. I have completed crash reports on first couple of ocassions but seems to be a software fault, or difference between iOS and OSX versions of the progamme.

I have iPhone 4S and iPad 2 both running latest iOS. The phone can control a presentation on the iPad. My wifi system is common to all devices.

Feb 14, 2014 10:52 AM in response to nsudboro

After many hours of dealing with the same problem I was able to find a fix that worked for a client of mine. Make sure your Mac has a name.

1. Apple menu (top left corner)
  2. System Preferences
  3. Sharing (third row)
  4. Make sure that you have something filled in for the computer name. Normal convention is Jon's MacBook Air or somethign similar.
  5. Close the window (there is no save button)
  6. Try linking your device again.

Message was edited for clarity

Feb 16, 2014 10:07 AM in response to pastordenny

keyonte freezes, and I need to quit in order to restart. This version of Keynote is a huge failure.

There are many missing elements that were available in Keynote 5.3 but for new presentations, Keynote 6.1 performs as well as expected. I suggest updating to 6.1 if you have not done so, if you have, you should reset Keynote by deleting then re-installing from the Mac App Store.

Keynote for Mac crashes when attempting to link to Keynote for iOS on iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.