Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my iCloud Account?

I give up. You win !!

After many frustrating months of working with iCloud across multiple devices (iMac, iPhone, iPad), I have managed to lose and "unknown" number of entries in my Contacts (formerly Address Book) application that has been years in the making.

Remember "Mobile Me"? Remember how easy and elegant it was to back up your Address Book, Calendar, Mail and other information to Mobile Me? Remember the easy and intuitive interface that let you know where your information was and how to back-up and restore information to and from Mobile Me to multiple computers, and iPhones, etc. Well, for this long time Apple user and advocate, iCloud has been an unmitigated distaster. After spending many months trying to understand where the "Master file" was for my Contacts informations and why there were two sets of information now in my Contacts file on my iMAC, I give up. I was never able to understnad which duplicate entry to edit and or delete and invariably things got duplicated again and it got worse. Finally, in an AppleCare customer service call (556692218), I thought I got set straight. I was wrong. I now have lost an "unknown" number of contacts, which I only discover when I try to recall someone who I know was previosuly in my conrtacts file but now does not exist. I'm sure that will be years getting staright.

So, I have cancelled all my iCloud parameters in my devices, deleted all relevant data in my iCloud account and now wish to delete my iCloud account from the APPLE Servers. It is not readily apparent to me that I can do this.

Does anyone have any ideas how this can be done? Please advise.....

Wayne E Brenengen - Disappointed in Denver

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), New Internal HDD

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 12:35 AM

2 replies

How do I delete my iCloud Account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.