Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itune unable to detect my iphone after upgrading

I have updated to the latest itune version today, afterall, itune wont be able to detect my iphone anymore, i tried several time, everytime theres a message pop up and ask me to pick whether this computer is trustful, even i picked trustful, the computer recognise my device but not the itune, therefore i can't sync.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 3:22 AM

See section 5 of TS1538: iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows.

If that doesn't help it may pay to tear down and reinstall iTunes in the following manner...

Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (later)

Remove all of these items in the following order:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support (if this won't uninstall press on)
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

Reboot, download iTunes, then reinstall, either using an account with administrative rights, or right-clicking the downloaded installer and selecting Run as Administrator.

See also HT1925: Removing and Reinstalling iTunes for Windows XP or HT1923: Removing and reinstalling iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. Some users may need to follow all the steps in the appropriate support document which includes some additional manual file and folder deletions not mentioned above.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2014 3:22 AM in response to t_imlee

See section 5 of TS1538: iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows.

If that doesn't help it may pay to tear down and reinstall iTunes in the following manner...

Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (later)

Remove all of these items in the following order:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support (if this won't uninstall press on)
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

Reboot, download iTunes, then reinstall, either using an account with administrative rights, or right-clicking the downloaded installer and selecting Run as Administrator.

See also HT1925: Removing and Reinstalling iTunes for Windows XP or HT1923: Removing and reinstalling iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. Some users may need to follow all the steps in the appropriate support document which includes some additional manual file and folder deletions not mentioned above.

tt2

Jan 24, 2014 4:25 AM in response to ReDonDance

While I agree it is a complete pain I suspect the only way to resolve things now is to go through the steps above. As far as I can tell it isn't clear why some computers have a problem with the update while others don't, but from past experience with Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, McAfee, Apple et al, the tried & tested method of resolution is to clean up everything involved and start over. A new tool targeted specifically at reparing any currently broken installations is unlikely to arrive, and the next update may only work properly on an operational system.

tt2

Itune unable to detect my iphone after upgrading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.