Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6

Hi Apple Community,

After few month of testing, I want to downgrade my iPhone 4 from iOS 7 to iOS 6 again.

The reasons are:

• significantly lower battery live time
  • increadibly slow access to nearly all Apps (even opening Safari takes nearly 30 seconds)
  • continuing crashes of the most simplest (but well coded) Apps
  • unpracticle clean design
  • increadibly slow "feel" of the entire system

To my surprise I found out that Apple does not allow a downgrade to iOS 6. Is this true?

Regards,

Mario.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 3:52 AM

iQuant wrote:

Is this true?

Regards,

Mario.

Yep. There's no supported way to downgrade the iOS.

2 replies

Feb 10, 2014 7:30 AM in response to wjosten

OK, then this was the very last time that I bought an iPhone/iPad !!

I was deep and convinced fan for more than 6 years now, but no one needs devices without having at least the choice between the operating system versions.

I recognized that this sad story even goes further. In case of the new MacBook Pro it is not even possible to exchange the hard drive or the RAM storage. So I decided to keep my old MacBook as long as I can and I will have to have a look on comparable devices from other manufacturers, when I have to buy a new laptop once. By the way, just because of my experiences with iOS 7, I also decided not to upgrade to Mac OS Mavericks.

I cannot imagine that such a customer behaviour lies in the interest of Apple.

So change again, quickly!

Cheers,

An angry customer.

Downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.