Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mystery AppleID Security Questions Bug, What Causes This?

So this is the second time this has happened to me, and looking around the net, other people are having this issue as well.

Product: AppleID

Bug/Issue: Security Questions

When trying to make a purchase in the App Store, use a gift card on iTunes, or access my account on the web, the security questions that are asked for verification do not represent the security questions that I have provided answers to.

For instance, say I answered three questions. "What is the name of your first pet", "who is your high school teacher", and "what is your mother's maiden name" with the answers 1: a 2: b 3: c. It would look something like this:

"What is the name of your first pet"

a

"who is your high school teacher"

b

"what is your mother's maiden name"

c

When I would try to re-access my account at a later time, the system asks to answer 2 security questions. It will look like this:

"What is the name of your first pet"

"What city were your born in?"

The question "What city were you born in" is not from the pool of answered questions. It is, however, from the pool of possible question choices that you might select to provide a security answer to.

My question is: What causes this bug and is there a "known issues" for AppleID list somewhere?

(On a separate note, the recover account email never gets sent to my AppleID email nor my "emergency" email address, either, so I'm pretty much stuck with having calling apple care every single time I want to make a purchase or do anything with my account).

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 5:48 AM

There are no replies.

Mystery AppleID Security Questions Bug, What Causes This?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.