Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c touchscreen problems - this is the second iPhone 5c I am returning because of dead spot on right side of screen! Looked up online

I am so frustrated. This will be second iPhone 5c I am having to return for identical dead spot on touchscreen. My dead spot is on right side of touchscreen. If I go to settings & then to notifications none of the buttons on right side of screen respond to touch. Same thing in apps & games, nothing on that side of screen will respond to touch. So cannot play games or use apps properly & cannot change notifications & anything that needs u to use right side of screen. Key board works fine. Looked up online & many postings about it but none here? I love this phone if I can get one that works properly!

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 5:53 AM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2014 9:18 AM in response to KiltedTim

Sry I am elderly & my first forum & not tech savvy at all. My question is if anybody else has had the same problem & if they know of a fix other than returning phone again & hoping for one that works properly. After looking online I found several sites saying this is a major & widespread problem with iPhone 5 and that people are experience problems weeks & months after purchase. When I called apple they said it's not true but guess I'm scared of continued problems. Have u heard of dead spot issues on iPhone 5? It is a hassle for me to return because I am a cancer patient & live in the boonies in avoid & this is my only phone. I LOVE the phone except for this problem & worry if I return will continue to have problems. Have u researched this problem online? Thanx SO MUCH for any help u can give me.

iPhone 5c touchscreen problems - this is the second iPhone 5c I am returning because of dead spot on right side of screen! Looked up online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.