Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I try to install iTunes, I get an error message saying the Apple Mobile Device service failed to start privileges. I confirmed that the services are on. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Every time I try to install iTunes, I get an error message saying the Apple Mobile Device service failed to start privileges. I confirmed that the services are on. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm downloading using Chrome, and my operating system is Windows 7.

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 7:03 AM

This could be due to old iTunes installs and the like. Uninstall anything that has to do with Apple, (Bonjour, iTunes, Apple Mobile Device, Quicktime etc.) and then restart your computer.

After doing so, redownload the latest version of iTunes here --> http://www.apple.com/au/itunes/download/

Hope I could help!

6 replies

Every time I try to install iTunes, I get an error message saying the Apple Mobile Device service failed to start privileges. I confirmed that the services are on. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.