Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows error 193

The itunes auto-update failed and now when I try to open iTunes, it get "Error 7: Window error 193. iTunes was not installed properly. Please re-install iTunes"

I reinstalled iTunes and I get the same result. Anyone else experienced this problem? (I'm on Windows 7)

Thanks!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 10:49 PM

I am on Windows 7 and have the same problem...as do HUNDREDS...Apple messed up.

38 replies

Jan 25, 2014 1:15 PM in response to BobEF1

The fix that Apple posted on https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5164847 did not work for me.

I had to completely uninstall all Apple programs as outlined on http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Even then, I keep getting error messages trying to uninstall the components (something about no having access to a hidden directory under C:\ ) Finally, out of despiration, I continued to hit "ignore" everytime theses error messages popped up, After about 20 of these error messages, iTunes finally unistalled.

I reinstalled iTunes and it works fine now. OMG!

Jan 25, 2014 1:17 PM in response to BobEF1

Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (later)

Remove all of these items in the following order:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support (if this won't uninstall move on to the next item)
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

Reboot, download iTunes, then reinstall, either using an account with administrative rights, or right-clicking the downloaded installer and selecting Run as Administrator.

The uninstall and reinstall process will preserve your iTunes library and settings, but ideally you would back up the library and your other important personal documents and data on a regular basis. See this user tip for a suggested technique.

Please note:

Some users may need to follow all the steps in whichever of the following support documents applies to their system. These include some additional manual file and folder deletions not mentioned above.

HT1925: Removing and Reinstalling iTunes for Windows XP

HT1923: Removing and reinstalling iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

tt2

Jan 31, 2014 2:31 PM in response to turingtest2

I performed all of these steps everyone suggest but iTunes will not download. I get a thanks for downloading iTunes webpage but nothing has downloaded. And, I've run the Microsoft installer repair to no avail, plus did a clean boot upon the suggestion in a Microsoft community. I'm not a techie so I'm at the end of my rope on this and hope Apple and Micrsoft fix the problem. Any more suggestions other than wait a few weeks and try again?

windows error 193

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.