Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have about 80,000 photos on my Mac. I wanted to use icloud. I needed to download the newer version so, for 14.99 I downloaded. Problem is, now I have lost my photos! I tried 3x to but it always stops working. HELP!

I have about 80,000 photos on my Mac. I wanted to use icloud. I needed to download the newer version so, for 14.99 I downloaded. Problem is, now I have lost my photos! I tried 3x to but it always stops working. HELP!

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), please help find my photos 80,000

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 8:07 AM

4 replies

Jan 25, 2014 11:40 AM in response to laconquistadora2007

Hi guys,

this is what my computer says when I try to get it going.I bought the upgrade, but won"t upgrade

The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto.Your photo library will not be readable by previous versions of iPhoto after the upgrade. The upgrade process for very large libraries may take an hour or more to complete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.