Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a stack from the dock? I pressed control - options, but then I couldn't find the "remove from dock" option, only "open in finder"

Hi! I accidentally moved a couple of folders into my dock and I want to remove them, but I can't. I pressed control - then the folder. In the options menu, I can only find "move to finder" and not "remove from dock". I am trying to do this in a diffferent user section than mine with parental control. Is that the reason I can't seem to be able to do anything in it?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 8:43 AM

6 replies

Jan 24, 2014 9:42 AM in response to lourdesmx

Since this account is controlled by the Parental Controls, I would guess that the option to prevent the Dock from being modified as been set, though why you were able to inadvertently add folders to the Dock I don't know. If so, then you'll need to log into the system as a user with administrator privileges, uncheck that option, then go back to the account whose Dock you wish to modify and then remove the folders.

Regards.

How do I remove a stack from the dock? I pressed control - options, but then I couldn't find the "remove from dock" option, only "open in finder"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.