Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export to Quicktime do not preserve the timing of my slide-show

I have built a presentation that executes automatically, no click is needed, every transition is defined to be executed after the previous one after a certain time. This time vary from one slide to the other.

When exporting to Quicktime, the different timing defined for the transition between the slides is not kept and a default 5 sec value applies for all, although the Quicktime export dialog mentions that this default transition time applies only for click-triggered events. Why ?

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 1:38 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2014 3:54 PM in response to JRD_Annecy

I am experiencing the same issue and would love an answer.

It appears that the current version of Quicktime is a HUGE step backward from the previous version. I tried a work around by importing the QT version into iMovie to edit but the current version of that app is also disappointing. The only possible solution I can see is to export the Quicktime images as slides, importing those in iMovie and then recreating the entire presenation in iMovie, but that is an EXTREMELY time consuming and unsatisfying / substandadard solution.

Additionally, I find that even in Keynote the timing between the autoplay images and audio varies each time I play the presentation. I would hope that all of these issues are addressed in an update of these applications.

Best of luck!

Export to Quicktime do not preserve the timing of my slide-show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.