Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote: Replace Text under Document Warnings Gone?

One of the most critical features I use in Keynote 5.3 on nearly a daily basis is VIEW > SHOW DOCUMENT WARNINGS > REPLACE TEXT for missing fonts.

Is this feature gone?

I'm in the process of testing out Keynote 6.1 to compile a list of all the bugs and missing features. So far it looks like when I open a file with missing fonts, I get a vague warning note that "some of the fonts are missing / might not appear correctly" but there doesn't appear to be any detail, or any option to replace them with other fonts.

I hope I have overlooked something. Can anyone else weigh in on this, please?

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 2:36 PM

6 replies

Apr 12, 2014 3:04 AM in response to hgrunenwald

This is such a nuisance. I keep receiving the warning that font GillSans is missing. I have never knowingly used this font. In one presentation, I have made my own text styles, deleted all the existing ones; I have looked at the master slides and ensured that the font is not there; I have exported it to Keynote 09 and opened it there and there is no mention of GillSans! Yet when I reopen it in the latest version of Keynote, the warning is there again! I am now spending too much time on the annoyance!

Apr 12, 2014 7:04 AM in response to gadgetgirlie

Try this repair for Keynote 6.2, ensure you complete all the tasks and in the order shown:

1 delete all the iWork applications if you have them, not just Keynote, using Appcleanerfrom Mac Update,

its a freeware application

2 restart the Mac; Apple menu > restart

3 immediately after the start chime, press the shift key until you see the Apple symbol.

let it fully boot up, it will take longer as the OS is repairing the drive

4 when fully booted, go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility;

click on the boot drive then First Aid tab and click repair disc permissions

5 when complete, restart the Mac normally

6 install Keynote from the Mac App Store

Please report back to let us know if this helped.

Keynote: Replace Text under Document Warnings Gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.