Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Error. Tap to retry.

I tried to buy a song on my phone while off a wifi with exceptionally bad service (3G). It said "download error tap to retry", so i decided to try it on wifi. However, when i got home and tried it on my wifi, it said the same error. The song is in my music library, but im just annoyed with the notification message in my itunes store. I can listen to the entire song in my library, but it still says downloading in my store. Any way to fix this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 3:55 PM

7 replies

Jan 24, 2014 4:28 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

neither of those fixed my issue, and also i tried deleting the song and redownloading, but now it wont let me get it back on my phone. I tried manually adding it to my phone from my computer, but it said it was already there (which it isn't). It downloaded perfectly on my computer but wont do anything on my phone. I'm 90% sure that the only way to fix it is to figure out a way for it to stop saying "downloading" in my store. Any other stuff i could try?

Jul 14, 2014 9:11 AM in response to Jlw111

Found a solution.

Plug iphone to your computer and open itunes

in itunes, go to iTunes store

click "purchased", usually located under the quick links to the right

find the item/album/song thats stuck on your iPhone and remove it. (click the "X")

and hey presto! problem solved!

The item will disappear from your iPhone right away.

Download the item/album/song again on your iPhone and it should work just fine.

Download Error. Tap to retry.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.