Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Music won't sync to my iPhone!

I updated iTunes about a week ago. Before that everything was normal. After the update, I tried to sync some new music onto my phone and only a few specific songs synced, with the others being "greyed out" and with the red circle red square (stop sign) beside them. The music that did sync was not purchased from the iTunes store. I took it into the Apple store and they did a factory restore, but it didn't help, and only purchased music would sync. The person helping said that music not bought from the iTunes store is not programmed to sync, and never would...but it did before the update with no problems at all! I assume it is just the update but can anyone help? I've done everything-factory restore, cleared it of music, resynced with one playlist, hard re-set and everything...someone help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 8:39 AM

Found a solution! Toggled Itunes Match a bit (don't know if that actually helped tbh) and then while my iPhone was connected to my Mac via cord, clicked "Sync via WiFi" on iTunes and it miraculously worked? It said it cancelled sync at the very end after it had already synced the music so I just disconnected the cord. So now my few selected playlists are on my phone! I don't think it was originally a cord problem though because they used a different cord in the Apple Store, and it didn't work. Weird glitch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2014 8:39 AM in response to jcasserole

Found a solution! Toggled Itunes Match a bit (don't know if that actually helped tbh) and then while my iPhone was connected to my Mac via cord, clicked "Sync via WiFi" on iTunes and it miraculously worked? It said it cancelled sync at the very end after it had already synced the music so I just disconnected the cord. So now my few selected playlists are on my phone! I don't think it was originally a cord problem though because they used a different cord in the Apple Store, and it didn't work. Weird glitch.

iTunes Music won't sync to my iPhone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.