Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i close the Installation Alert?

I was trying to update something and then an Installation Alert popped up. It just says to close an application to continue the installation but i never opened the application before i started the installation. There are no closing or minimizing buttons on the top left. So I don't know how to close it. It would't go into the trash either.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 10:02 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

What you can try is to force close the installer. To do so, press Alt, Command and Esc keys, select the installer and force close it. Then, close all the apps, restart and run the installer.

2 replies

Apr 28, 2015 1:09 PM in response to mende1

I closed iTunes but the alert didn't go away. When I followed Mendel's advice, the Force Quit Applications window showed there was an instance of iTunes running, and I realized it must have been on another user's session on my mac. That never occurred to me. So I was able to kill it via the Force Quit Applications window and finish the install. Thanks, Mendel, from a mac newbie.

how do i close the Installation Alert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.