Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Keynote be used to display timed activities?

Would like to use iMac/Keynote to display upcoming activities on a model railroad layout at regional weekend hobby show.

Slides woud provide name of operator, type of operation(diesel, steam), era, electric or live steam.

Events (slides) would be inserted according to train operation schedules and be either interval-timed or clock-timed(preferred but alas,

much more complicated, I fear). Info slides would be sandwiched in between interesting train videos of two minute(or so) duration.

Could probably be segmented into 10 or 15 minute activity blocks, running for 6-8 hours during the show day.

To be used by show attendees to help them schedule their view based on specific interests.

Any thoughtson Keynote or some other MacOS app? Sorry, I really don't know what to call what I am asking for...

Thanks for any help.

Also, which version of Keynote should I consider? Running Mavericks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.66 GHz core2 duo / 4MB SDRAM

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 2:49 AM

Keynote has no inbuilt feature to do this kind of thing. You could ask this in the Apple Script room but Keynote doesnt work well with scrip, and it would take a lot of time to develeope this.

What is used for this type of task is Digital Signage applications, the software used in super markets to show advertising and airports to give flight arrivals. This software is not cheap to use, I use SCALA, it is leased paying an annual fee; there are dozens of titles; Google for more info.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2014 2:49 AM in response to rickbmc

Keynote has no inbuilt feature to do this kind of thing. You could ask this in the Apple Script room but Keynote doesnt work well with scrip, and it would take a lot of time to develeope this.

What is used for this type of task is Digital Signage applications, the software used in super markets to show advertising and airports to give flight arrivals. This software is not cheap to use, I use SCALA, it is leased paying an annual fee; there are dozens of titles; Google for more info.

Can Keynote be used to display timed activities?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.