Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update and reinstall iTunes

I tried to update my ITunes, which was working fine but the update failed...Said I need to reinstall. When I try to reinstall, I get the following error msg "Service Apple (mobile device) failed to start Verify you have sufficient priveliges to start services. Then if I hit try again it seem to install ok but then I get another Error Itunes not installed correctly Error 7 and Windows error 126....

Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 8:58 PM

I had this exact same problem. I have Windows 7 64 bit. I tried a number of things from the discussion boards but the only way that I got it to work was to first get all of the latest Windows Updates, then manually uninstall iTunes (in Control Panel), then manually uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support, then uninstall Apple Application Support (not sure if this step was needed or not), then reboot, and finally install iTunes. Then it worked.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2014 8:58 PM in response to cdcampion

I had this exact same problem. I have Windows 7 64 bit. I tried a number of things from the discussion boards but the only way that I got it to work was to first get all of the latest Windows Updates, then manually uninstall iTunes (in Control Panel), then manually uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support, then uninstall Apple Application Support (not sure if this step was needed or not), then reboot, and finally install iTunes. Then it worked.

Update and reinstall iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.