Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have just installed Mavericks and restarted the MacBook Pro. That was 3 hours ago and after logging in, I got my wallpaper and dock, but none of my desktop icons, just the spinning coloured wheel. It's been like that for 2 hours. Is this normal? What shou

Have just installed Mavericks and restarted the MacBook Pro. That was 3 hours ago and after logging in, I got my wallpaper and dock, but none of my desktop icons, just the spinning coloured wheel. It's been like that for 2 hours. Is this normal? What should I do, please?

I tried holding the on/off switch down to make it shut down, but when I turned it back on again, the same thing happened and none of the keys etc makes any difference.

HELP!!!! Please.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.4, Just installed Mavericks this am!

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 11:59 PM

No, what you're experiencing is not normal.

Try booting whilst holding down the Shift key - this will allow you to boot into Safe Mode, disabling third-party kernel extensions, etc. Your Mac will be slow to boot and will operate sluggishly. That's normal. If you can get in using Safe Mode then you have some start-up item that doesn't play well with Mavericks.

Call back,

Clinton

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2014 11:59 PM in response to LJBoakes

No, what you're experiencing is not normal.

Try booting whilst holding down the Shift key - this will allow you to boot into Safe Mode, disabling third-party kernel extensions, etc. Your Mac will be slow to boot and will operate sluggishly. That's normal. If you can get in using Safe Mode then you have some start-up item that doesn't play well with Mavericks.

Call back,

Clinton

Have just installed Mavericks and restarted the MacBook Pro. That was 3 hours ago and after logging in, I got my wallpaper and dock, but none of my desktop icons, just the spinning coloured wheel. It's been like that for 2 hours. Is this normal? What shou

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.