Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I replace my iPhone 4S with a 5S?

So my almost 2 year old iPhone 4S is broken, can I replace it with an iPhone 5s and just pay the difference or how little my 4s is worth? Like if it was with 50 bucks and I was gonna buy the 5s for 650, I'd only have to pay 600. Is that possible?
I've been trying to look around for an email for apple, cause a friend said her mom got that done. Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 11:59 PM

I'm pretty sure you can't. You if you have Applecare you will get another 4s. You could sell it and put the money towards a new 5s of course.

4 replies

Jan 25, 2014 2:46 AM in response to molli986

molli986 wrote:

So my almost 2 year old iPhone 4S is broken, can I replace it with an iPhone 5s and just pay the difference or how little my 4s is worth? Like if it was with 50 bucks and I was gonna buy the 5s for 650, I'd only have to pay 600. Is that possible?

No.

If you purchase an out-of-warranty replacement($199), it will be an identical model.

-> http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipho ne

Can I replace my iPhone 4S with a 5S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.