Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my network provider on iPhone 4S

I have a contract iPhone 4S network sim is t-mobile and I just can't seem to get the hang of this phone, my daughter has a samsung s4 on virgin media and is wanting to swap phones is there a way around this , I don't mind swapping networks as we both have unlimited usage on our sims but I really need to keep my number ,any help would be fantastic

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 3:32 AM

2 replies

Jan 25, 2014 3:53 AM in response to 33hannahg

Unless each phone is officially unlocked, you won't be able to do what you want, & I doubt these phones are officially unlocked. So, the first thing you need to do is determine the locked/unlocked status of your phones. This is easy to do if both phones use micro sims...your 4S does. Just swap sims...turn each phone off, remove existing sim, swap sims, turn each phone on. Any error messages, like "Sim not Supported"? If so, your phones are carrier locked, which means you need to get them unlocked first, & only the carrier they are locked to can authorize such.

How can I change my network provider on iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.