Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 was stolen from me if they've reset the device fully will I still be able to find it with the imei number or the sim cards wifi

I'm just soo annoyed that someone stole from me and if they've restored the device will i be able to ring up the company (vodaphone) or apple to get them to track my IMEI on the phone because they're bound to connect to wifi at some point weither its their own wifi ,or my sim card or their internet wifi.

iPhone 5, iOS 7, Iphone 5, Stolen, track, phone

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 4:37 AM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2014 4:40 AM in response to jmtmcdade

Apple does not track stolen iPhones. I doubt the mobile provider will either, however you need to notify the mobile provider it was stolen so you can get the service canceled and hopefully blacklist the device so the thief can't use it. Also, change all your online passwords immediately; notify your insurance company of the loss then buy a new one.

Jan 25, 2014 4:41 AM in response to jmtmcdade

The only way to locate/disable/erase any lost/stolen iPhone/iPod Touch is through Find My Phone or a similar app. However, this requires that Find My Phone be setup/activated, on your phone, before it was lost/stolen. You would then login at iCloud.com & try to locate it. This requires the phone be turned on & have an Internet connection. There is no other way to locate a lost/stolen iPhone. Apple can't/won't help you, nor will your carrier. Report the loss to the Police, your carrier & Insurance company. Change all of your passwords, especially your Apple ID/iCloud password NOW!

If your carrier offers Blacklisting & they Blacklist the phone, it will be unusable as a phone.

If locked with a passcode, and running iOS 7.0, then phone cannot be activated or the passcode removed without knowing your Apple iD/Password. It will be nothing but a useless paperweight.

If not running iOS 7.0, the phone can be forced into recovery mode & restored.

Aug 4, 2015 11:50 PM in response to wjosten

so curious because my phone was recently stolen I had the number password set and I had the finger print just incase. I erased all content and settings set to my phone through icloud.com will that erase my password already set? did I do something wrong by doing that? I also had my phone blacklisted by my carrier does your rule apply if you updated to the I.OS 8.1 the most recent update? is it as long as it is 7.0 and above it works? curious I know it sounds dumb but im just trying to be extra cautious in the steps I did do and asking what I don't know. again I erased all content and settings will that get rid of my passcode? and will that effect the fact that it is blacklisted? because I don't want who stole it to have access to anything on my phone I changed all my passwords already but still.

My iphone 5 was stolen from me if they've reset the device fully will I still be able to find it with the imei number or the sim cards wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.