Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting the tuning in MainStage to 442 Hz

Hi, I use mainstage together with a MOTU Traveller interface to create my guitar sounds on stage. Since the grandpiano at our last venue was tuned to 442 Hz I wanted to calibrate the tuner in mainstage to 442. But after opening the preferences and moving the slider to 442 Hz I opened the tuner and it jumped back to 440.

When I open the preferences, change the value and close the preferences and then open the preferences again the new value is still showing, only when I open the tuner it goes back to 440 Hz.

Since I often need to tune to other instruments that are not in 440 Hz I really need help here.

Thank you!

Jürgen

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 1:25 AM

Here's a workaround:

Open a tuner plug-in in the channel strip, set the reference pitch to 442 and save this as your default setting. ("Save as default" in the setting pop-up menu).

Setting the tuner's reference sets the global tuning, maybe something wrong with it.

Hope this helps,

DaCaptain

2 replies

setting the tuning in MainStage to 442 Hz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.