Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having difficulty in finding how to duck individual areas of the audio within a single video clip in iMovie 10.0.2. Any suggestions please?

I want to adjust the volume of specific parts of the audio within a single clip but cannot find how to do this. Imovie 9 permitted this. Any suggestions where i might find how this can be done please?

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 10:19 AM

• mark area: click-and-hold-and-drag mouse

• drag'n-move/lower rubber-band

• no step #3.....

User uploaded file

correction:

step 2.5: move yellow dots to change fade speed ... 😉

3 replies

Jan 26, 2014 3:01 AM in response to dataw

dataw wrote:

… how do I fade the audio in and out at the beginning and end of the clip? I cannot get the small pick-up points to appear once I introduce a transition?…

No, that it is - in iMovie - automatically done.

a cross-dissolve dissolves video AND audio.

If you want for any reason a audio-fade-in/-out BEFORE the video-dissolve, you have to extract the audio, apply your personal fades, and apply a video-dissolve then...

... for my personal taste, that looks/'hears' odd.

I am having difficulty in finding how to duck individual areas of the audio within a single video clip in iMovie 10.0.2. Any suggestions please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.