Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fix for iTunes update 11.1.4 issues

When will there be a fix from Apple for the installing issues with iTunes update 11.1.4?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 7:55 AM

Do the following:

• Uninstall from Windows the following four programs: iTunes, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour and Apple Application Support. You do this from an applet in Control Panel called Programs & Features (in Windows 8, 7, or Vista) or Add or Remove Programs (in Windows XP).
  • Download the latest version of iTunes from Apple and note the location you're saving it to so you can find it once it's done.
  • Run the iTunes installation as an administrator, just Right click iTunes installer and Run as Administrator.
48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2014 7:55 AM in response to abernaert

Do the following:

• Uninstall from Windows the following four programs: iTunes, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour and Apple Application Support. You do this from an applet in Control Panel called Programs & Features (in Windows 8, 7, or Vista) or Add or Remove Programs (in Windows XP).
  • Download the latest version of iTunes from Apple and note the location you're saving it to so you can find it once it's done.
  • Run the iTunes installation as an administrator, just Right click iTunes installer and Run as Administrator.

Jan 25, 2014 8:16 AM in response to abernaert

No Idea when Apple is going to fix this issue, but do not worry your iTunes Library will be safe until you delete it Manually from its actual location.

The Default Location for your iTunes Library on your computer is as given below unless you change it Manually :

About the iTunes library files

Your iTunes library files track the media you add to iTunes, how you've organized it, and other information such as playlists. By default, these two files are in your iTunes folder:

• Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
  • Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\
  • Windows 7: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
  • Windows 8: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\

Jan 25, 2014 9:36 AM in response to abernaert

abernaert wrote:

Thanks again, but I'm not worried about the actual files.
I'm worried about the history etc.
What tracks/movies have I listened/watched, which not, etc.
Is that saved too if you uninstall?

And what about sync setting for my devices?

I am not sure if this things are saved or you will lose them by uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes because I have never observed that. And also cannot say when will Apple fix this issue and also will you have to follow the same steps which is mentioned above or will it fix on it own, So I would recommend you to have a word with Apple Support team and ask them and see what they say.

Apple Support Number : http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

Jan 25, 2014 10:48 AM in response to Sumesh_22

Thanks. But I will wait.

In my experience Apple doesn't give any support to single users.

They only fix the big issues that could damage their reputation and the thing that don't need fixing in the first place.

Let's see how long I can live without iTunes. : )

This is the second time an iTunes update has big issues.

Next time I will update a pc I don't use iTunes in first.

Jan 26, 2014 9:08 AM in response to abernaert

Could not wait any longer
Uninstalling:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

And then reinstalling iTunes (without any reboot) from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ should fixed the problem.

I was affraid my history etc. would be gone after uninstall, but everything still the way it was before.

Podcasts, music, playlists, apps, everything.

Jan 27, 2014 12:56 PM in response to abernaert

Abernaert, I've been following your story so far, I'm a new member but I'l using Itunes for years, i have an enormous library collecting my music. Quite clear that I' m very worried on the update-issue, I got the update noticing now I'm missing the MSVCR.80 dll. For the good understanding: your removed all apple software like a read before, you installed the new Itunes and you're quite sure you haven't lost playlists or music??? Please give le a sign, I would be very grateful! Grts, Fotoman

Jan 27, 2014 7:26 PM in response to weathertop44

Hello Weathertop44,

Did you remove iTunes and other Apple components in above given order if no then try doing that. After they are removed from your computer restart your computer once before reinstalling iTunes back on your computer. After you restart your computer locate the iTunes.exe setup file on your computer and right click the file using mouse right key and select the second option which says Run as Administrator (Windows Vista/7/8) or you will see just run as and once you select that you will see the account names and administrator written next to it (Windows xp) if you are already logged in with administrator account then select current account and click ok and start the iTunes installation and if you are not logged in as administrator then enter admin user name and password and click ok to start installation and let that complete. And still if you get an error then please do let us know what is the error code and what all step did you followed.

Note: If you are unable to remove Apple Mobile Device Support then you can skip that, if you see bonjour is in use by some other application then you can click on ignore and continue removing that and if you see that Apple Application Support is in use by Apple Mobile Device Support then choose the first option that you will get and click ok to remove Apple Application support.

Jan 27, 2014 8:31 PM in response to abernaert

abernaert wrote:

Could not wait any longer
Uninstalling:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

And then reinstalling iTunes (without any reboot) from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ should fixed the problem.

I was affraid my history etc. would be gone after uninstall, but everything still the way it was before.

Podcasts, music, playlists, apps, everything.

This worked for me but you need to run the installer as administrator.

Fix for iTunes update 11.1.4 issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.