Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open my old Keynote file with latest Keynote version.

I upgraded latest Keynote version this morning. I can't open my old keynote file (5 years old) anymore. the pop up massage said that I have to open this file with Keynote 09. I can't re-install keynote09 anymore. What should I do?

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 10:54 AM

10 replies

Jul 9, 2014 1:53 AM in response to Marco de Boer [artmiks.nl]

Keynote 6 should be able to open Keynote version 5 files, however this is not a good idea. Most users find that either the presentations are unable to be opened, or the presentation is altered; missing images and slides. Best practice just now is to use Keynote 5 ( part of iWork 09) to open any files created with that version. Hopefully a future version of Keynote will be able to open previous files without issue.

If Keynote 5 is not installed, reinstall it using the original procedure using the DVD disc or Mac App Store.

Jul 12, 2014 4:34 AM in response to Marco de Boer [artmiks.nl]

You mean, Apple forces me to keep old software in case an upgrade doesn't support older files?

Apple does not force you to keep or remove any version of Keynote, you choose, to retain applications or remove them.

If you want trouble free operation of Keynote 5 files, you would be best placed by using Keynote 5 to open, edit and play these files.

I can't open my old Keynote file with latest Keynote version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.