Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot gone after factory resetting and updating.

After factory resting my iPad 3 the ability to be, use and have the hotspot available to use was gone and not even in the settings menu anymore. How do I get it back?? Can I get it back?? It was updated during the factory reset.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 11:07 AM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2014 8:46 AM in response to KrAzY1GuTiErRrEz

Hello KrAzY1GuTiErRrEz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

Unable to locate a Wi-Fi network

1. Verify that the network is available by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi and choosing from the available networks.Note: It may take a few seconds for the Wi-Fi network name to appear.
  2. Move closer to your wireless router (access point) and attempt to locate the Wi-Fi network.
  3. If you do not see the network you would like to join, you may be attempting to connect to a hidden network. Learn how to join a hidden network.
  4. Supported Wi-Fi configurations vary by iOS device model. Find out which standards your device supports3.
  5. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
    • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
    • recently used Bluetooth accessories
    • VPN and APN settings

Best of luck,

Mario

Hotspot gone after factory resetting and updating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.