Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just purchased a Bose Soundlink speaker and cannot get the sound from my ipad wirelessly, but i can from the desktop. Help?

can you help? I have just purchased a bose soundlink air, and although i can get the desktop to play through i cannot get any sound from the ipad or iphone to it.

do i need another product to make this work? i thought it was just connect to my wifi network and then hey presto, done.

Compaq Presario, Windows XP, AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3000+/2.16 GHz 512 MB Ram

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 11:09 AM

4 replies

Jan 25, 2014 11:19 AM in response to Frustrated Tel

The Soundlink uses BlueTooth, not wifi.

You connect your phone to it the same way you connect your Mac to it

Settings > BlueTooth and select the Soundlink.

-> http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/en_us/web/soundlink_wireless_mobile/pag e.html#article_type=top_article&article_href=../article_580_pairing_with_a_bluet ooth_device/page.html%23article_body

I have just purchased a Bose Soundlink speaker and cannot get the sound from my ipad wirelessly, but i can from the desktop. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.