Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Data Lost?

Hi. This is what happened yesterday. I used CleanMyMac2 to uninstall many unused apps in my computer. After I finished uninstallation, I coulnd find all my data. MS word file I was working at that time couldn't even save. No software. asking me activation code. I shut down the computer and turned on again. Now my computer ask me apple ID to log-in. There is no my information. I don't know what's going on. Did I lost everything? Should I log in or wait till I see apple helper? I didn't have backup since last April. I'm so dum dum. Could someone help me?

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 11:57 AM

9 replies

Jan 25, 2014 12:14 PM in response to michanfromok

When posting in Apple Communties/Forums/Message Boards.......It would help us to know which MacBook Pro model you have, which OS & version you're using, how much RAM, etc. You can have this info displayed on the bottom of every post by completing your system profile and filling in the information asked for.

CLICKY CLICK--->https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3602

CLICKY CLICK-----> Help us to help you on these forums

***This will help in providing you with the proper and/or correct solutions.***

User uploaded file

Jan 25, 2014 7:28 PM in response to michanfromok

And you have no backup?

It's likely that CleanMyMac did what it usually does and deleted the wrong things. In case you are tempted I will tell you never to use that type of app again, none work

You will have to reinstall OS X to get your system running again, you may or may not get your data back, no guarantees unfortunately.

Make backups in the future, daily ones. Time Machine is good for that.

All Data Lost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.