Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what cable do i need in order to connect my macbook pro to both my iMac's 20" i understand that my macbook has a thunderbolt connection however both the iMacs have a mini display port

hey i have a macbook pro with a thunderbolt connection and i also have 2 imac 20" with a display port connection and i want to use to use both my imac screens as monitors so i can run my macbook from one monitor and use the other monitor as the second screen how do i make this possible?

and what sort of cables do i need?

any information is greatly appreciated!

best regards

james

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, imessages

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 9:33 AM

ive solved this issue people!

anybody else who may have this problem and also wanting to dual-link 2 apple imacs you will need to make sure that your apple imacs both have a display port, however, you cannot dual-link more than the 2 monitors unless you have a thunderbolt port

so to make this simple for people who are first timers to dual-link 2 apple imac using the display port

you will need to purchase

a male mini display port to a male mini display port cable!

this is around £14 on amazon!

after you have connected the cable depending on which screen you would want to mirror you would need to press

(Alt f3) or (apple command f2)

🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2014 9:33 AM in response to hoppie22

ive solved this issue people!

anybody else who may have this problem and also wanting to dual-link 2 apple imacs you will need to make sure that your apple imacs both have a display port, however, you cannot dual-link more than the 2 monitors unless you have a thunderbolt port

so to make this simple for people who are first timers to dual-link 2 apple imac using the display port

you will need to purchase

a male mini display port to a male mini display port cable!

this is around £14 on amazon!

after you have connected the cable depending on which screen you would want to mirror you would need to press

(Alt f3) or (apple command f2)

🙂

what cable do i need in order to connect my macbook pro to both my iMac's 20" i understand that my macbook has a thunderbolt connection however both the iMacs have a mini display port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.