Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies won't play anymore with the new iTunes

Yesterday we watched a movie using homesharing.

Today I installed the new version of iTunes and now I can't play any movie anymore?????? :( I restarted iTunes, did a PRAM reset, restarted my ATV but still no go. :(

Before this new iTunes version I had to wake up my iMac and restart iTunes to make sure things worked. Since the new ATV firmware I need to restart my ATV too. But now with the new iTunes version nothing works anymore. Apple's homesharing is going downhill for me.

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 6

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 2:35 AM

This morning I downgraded the firmware of my Apple TV to 5.3 (I was on 6.0.2). This solved my problem! :)

I had lagging playback, both from iTunes as well as for Airplaying a video from my iPad. Often the airplay just would not start.

With firmware 5.3 my ATV is again as fast as it used to be: videos start promptly, no waiting for the spinning disc and hoping the thing will start. It just works now :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2014 2:35 AM in response to lexvo

This morning I downgraded the firmware of my Apple TV to 5.3 (I was on 6.0.2). This solved my problem! :)

I had lagging playback, both from iTunes as well as for Airplaying a video from my iPad. Often the airplay just would not start.

With firmware 5.3 my ATV is again as fast as it used to be: videos start promptly, no waiting for the spinning disc and hoping the thing will start. It just works now :)

Movies won't play anymore with the new iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.