Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 isn't recognized in Windows 8

I've tried everything. Deleted itunes and reinstalled it tried all the other help ppl have gave me. The apple usb driver is not showing up in my Devices Manager?? Please help me

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 2:34 PM

2 replies

Jan 27, 2014 7:32 AM in response to KieBender7

Hi KieBender7,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. For issues with iPhone not being recognized by iTunes in Windows, I recommend this article:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538

Since you mention that the USB driver is not appearing, this section sounds like it may be the most helpful:

If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed

1. Disconnect the device from the computer.
  2. Save a screenshot by pressing the Home button and the Wake/Sleep button at the same time (the screen should flash briefly). Note: Taking screenshots and saving images on iPod touch requires iOS version 2.0 or later.
  3. Reconnect the device to the computer.
  4. Open the Device Manager in Windows as follows:
    Windows XP: Click Start > Run. In the resulting dialog type devmgmt.msc and press Return.
    Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click Start. In the dialog, type devmgmt.msc and press Return. If Windows needs your permission to continue, click "Continue".
    Windows 8: Move the cursor to the upper right corner, click the magnifying glass, type devmgmt.msc, and press Return.
  5. Expand all the sections labeled below (not all sections may be listed):
    • Imaging Devices
    • Other Devices
    • Portable Devices
    • Universal Serial Bus Controllers
  6. Look for the entry that recognizes the device as a camera. This entry should be called Apple iPhone,Apple iPad,or Apple iPod.

Cheers,

- Ari

iPhone 5 isn't recognized in Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.