Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded to 11.1.4.62. Now iTunes is saying "An iPod has been detected, but could not be identified properly. Disconnect then reconnect ..." I removed iTunes and reinstalled. I stopped and started the service. I reset the iPod. When I put it in disk

I upgraded to 11.1.14.62 this morning. Not iTunes is saying "An iPod had been detected but could not be identified properly". I unlugged/replugged in. I reset the iPod, I removed iTunes and reinstalled. I'ver tried three different cables.

When I put the iPod in disk mode it shows up briefly as a disk then goes away.

Any ideas?

iPod nano (5th generation), Other OS, iPod detected, indentification

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 2:47 PM

4 replies

Feb 3, 2014 4:59 PM in response to 1980's Cars

Hi there - I've spoken with Apple and here is their response (worked for me). You need to uninstall not only iTunes, but also (in this order):

1) iTunes

2) Apple Software Update

3) Apple Mobile Device Support

4) Bonjour

5) Apple Application Support

Then you restart your computer.

Then you install the latest version of iTunes (which will reinstall all those things you uninstalled).

Then you restart your computer again.

Mine is working perfectly again now.

I hope it works for you,

Carmen.

upgraded to 11.1.4.62. Now iTunes is saying "An iPod has been detected, but could not be identified properly. Disconnect then reconnect ..." I removed iTunes and reinstalled. I stopped and started the service. I reset the iPod. When I put it in disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.