Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated connection to Gmail imap server problem.

I get this message everytime I try to get my Gmail account emails, in Apple Mail: 'The mail server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings." My account info is correct. I didn't change anything and all my settings are correct as far as I know. It first started happening on my iPhone, now on my iMac as well. I've tried specifying the gmail imap server (in quotes above) in the mail settings for my Gmail account, but to no avail. MANY people are having the same problem (google it if you don't believe me). Can anyone help?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 4:17 PM

3 replies

Jan 25, 2014 7:35 PM in response to Lyssa

Thank you for your advice, but I did that.... Perhaps 5 times with 2 step verification, 4 without. Finally I Tried changing incoming server to imap.googlemail.com as suggested elsewhere. It just started working within the last 3 minutes!!!!!!! I've been slaving over this computer for hours because of this. The outage may have started it, but seems something new took over. Who knows.

Repeated connection to Gmail imap server problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.