Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to download 10.6

Hi there Apple community!

I'm trying to update to the Os Maverick system because I'm having difficulty accesing some web content, especially stuff like Youtube. Since I primarily use my computer for Photoshop, I don't tend to update the OS all that often. Currently, it's at 10.5.8. I haven't been able to update to 10.6 mostly because until now I didn't have any performance issues. I'm working on a Mac Pro purchased in 2009, it's 64 Gb and usually doesn't give me problems. It's only the past few months it's been acting up like this.

I have read that this model can be updated to the Maverick 10, but every time I try to upload a new Os system, the computer tells me I need the version that existed prior to this. Currently, I just downloaded OS 10.6, the version that immediately preceeds the OS I am using, and the computer is claiming I still need OS 10.6 in order to run it.

Any ideas guys? It's pretty vexing. :/

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Cant's update Mac Pro Os,

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 5:45 PM

You cannot download Snow Leopard, you must purchase it from the Apple on-line store http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

5 replies

I am unable to download 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.