Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thumbnail issues in Pages 5.1

Hi all, since upgrading to pages 5.1 I am having some issues that were quite basic in the previous version. I am unable to select multiple thumbnails in order to copy/paste. I am also unable to do a right click on thumbnails (no menus). Help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 5:55 PM

The move from Pages 09 may be an " update," but it is certainly is not an " upgrade." Nearly 100 features, some large, some small, that were in pages 09 are missing from Pages 5.1. The thumbnail issues you describe are the tip of the iceberg. Pages 09 should still be on your computer. I suggest that you trash pages 5.1 and use pages 09 until Apple comes out with a serious update that is also an upgrade (if it ever does do that).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2014 5:55 PM in response to rrsound

The move from Pages 09 may be an " update," but it is certainly is not an " upgrade." Nearly 100 features, some large, some small, that were in pages 09 are missing from Pages 5.1. The thumbnail issues you describe are the tip of the iceberg. Pages 09 should still be on your computer. I suggest that you trash pages 5.1 and use pages 09 until Apple comes out with a serious update that is also an upgrade (if it ever does do that).

Jan 26, 2014 12:40 AM in response to rrsound

It's a joke isn't it. Unable to move or rearrange thumbnails???? Posted my complaints to other forums and Apple. As somebody replied it's called 'Pages' not 'Page'.

If they also wanted to add more compatibility with word why don't they just add 'Calibri font' that would sort 80% of the problems.

Really getting tired of waiting then to sort these and many more issues. Or I even acknowledge the short comings.

Jan 26, 2014 5:03 PM in response to rogerfromnorwalk

Hopefully you can help with the problem I am having with Page 09. I downloaded the Pages 5 (have not upgraded to 5.1) on all my computers- laptop, iMac and mac mini. On my Laptop and Mac Mini Pages will not let save or make any changes- I have had it on both of the computers years (macmini) 9 months laptop working with no problems. Says I am in a trial version. Do you think removing Pages 5 will fix it or am I just screwed? Pages 5 will not open older versions of Pages or the previous Appleworks/ Clariswork documents I have (yes, I have been using a mac for that long and deeply miss Clariswork that could open anything at the time).

Thanks for any insight. I would be a pain to have to move and do all the work from the iMac.

Xerskis

Thumbnail issues in Pages 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.