Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install iTunes 11.1.4.62 on Windows 8. I get Service "Apple Mobile Device" (Apple Mobile Device failed to start. Verify that you have sufficent privileges to start system services. I am trying to install this on my desktop not a mobile device.

Unable to install iTunes 11.1.4.62 on windows 8. I get

Service "Apple mobile Device) failed to start.

Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I am trying to install it on my desktop. I am also in Administrator mode. My iTunes stopped working when I was notified that there was a new version of iTunes and would I like to download it. I said yes as always and it was unable to finish the update because of a

runtime Error!

Program: C:\program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

Please contace the application's suport team for more information.

My iTunes stopped working at this time. I thought I could delete iTunes and start over. This tactic did not work.

Can anyone make sense of what I am saying and help me to get my iTunes back again?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 5:47 PM

To clear that up follow the instructions of tt2 in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5822086

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Heavensopure

Try a more recent version of my advice. The "for older video cards version" may work when the default version doesn't.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Unable to install iTunes 11.1.4.62 on Windows 8. I get Service "Apple Mobile Device" (Apple Mobile Device failed to start. Verify that you have sufficent privileges to start system services. I am trying to install this on my desktop not a mobile device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.