Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back To My Mac not working on SL

I have a MacBook Pro on 10.6.8 and a Mac Pro at my work on the same OS.

I have yet been able to get Back To My Mac working. The ONLY way I can access my work computer is through my iPad using Parallels but that's not an ideal situation.

I have once been able to use BTMM from Vegas a few years ago but not anymore.

When I click on BTMM on my Mac Pro (work computer) it gives me the Yellow Dot and states something about a router with NAT or PnP settings. (I'm sorry I'm not there to see exactly what it says.

Is BTMM even possible on SL OS?

I have AT&T service and routers/modems both at work and at home if that makes any difference.

Obviously MobileMe is no longer supported and there's no iCloud info or settings in my System Preferences because I'm still on SL on both computers.

The option of updating my OS is not viable at this point due to software compatibility. Maybe some time in the future, but not now.

Anyone run into this problem as well? Or know how to fix it?

MacBook (13-inch), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 6:09 PM

7 replies

Jan 25, 2014 6:43 PM in response to Dallas Kruse

Reading this

http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/

and a Wikipedia page about ARD it seems ARD might now be able to do things outside of network, but it is really designed to administer multiple computers in-network. I did not look at the price.

I am remembering something called Chicken Of The VNC but I'll let you read about it. Apparently ARD implements some VNC features...

Back To My Mac not working on SL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.