Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the benefits to altering pacemaker for older Macbooks (late 2009)?

I have a Macbook (6,1, late 2009) that I have upgraded RAM to 8gb and an SSD to 240gb. I have OS 10.9.1. I am interested in altering the frequency that the new Mavericks daemon 'pacemaker' operates and functions.

I have read the developer manual page, which says that it may be adviseable to alter pacemaker in the interest of saving battery power and CPU resources. Although I still have some lingering confusion about how to alter it all via Terminal, I am mostly wanting to know what experiences other users have had experimenting with altering pacemaker to better conserve battery and resources (i.e., not to make the clock more accurate). I personally wouldn't be bothered if my system clock were +/- 3 minutes off if it meant saving battery drain or other resrouces.

So, do users have experience with this? I am willing to sacrifice myself--err, my Macbook--to experiment with this to see what the benefits would be for older Macbooks!

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 8gb RAM, new 240gb SSD

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 10:06 PM

There are no replies.

What are the benefits to altering pacemaker for older Macbooks (late 2009)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.