Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi disconnects after sleep

Wifi disconnects after sleep on my new MBP late 2013 with Mavericks. Turning wifi off and on helps.

Resetting PRAM, changing service order in network preferences didn't help.

What am I supposed to do?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 10:09 PM

9 replies

Mar 22, 2014 7:53 AM in response to Vladimir_33

Probably I've found the reason of this annoying problem and I've found a solution too (at least it worked for me). The wifi problem is connected to the bluetooth activation and is due to the "Order of services" in the Networking Preferences (sorry for my translation but my OS is in italian so I'm guessing how the option menu could be in english). If the DUN Bluetooth or PAN Bluetooth service is BEFORE the Wi-Fi service, after waking up your Mac, your Wi-Fi will reconnect very very slowly or will never reconnect automatically at all.

But if you change the order of your Networking Services and you put the Wi-Fi at the first place, your Wi-Fi will reconnect almost immediately (it worked for me!).

To change the Networking Service Order go to Preferences --> Network, press the Gear Wheel in the lower left of the window, choose the "Set Service Order..." option. A new window will appear with different kind of connections.

Drag your Wi-Fi connection to the top. Press OK, and then Apply.

Restart your Mac and verify by yourself if the Wi-Fi problem has been solved.

Apr 1, 2014 8:52 AM in response to Vladimir_33

Words cannot describe how angry this problem makes me. How can world's largest tech company not been able to fix their biggest bug for this many months now?!?!

All these forums are overflowing with the same **** problem: WIFI DOESN'T CONNECT AFTER COMING BACK FROM SLEEP ON MAVERICKS.

How many thousands of people have to post the same godddamn problem for how long?

And no, disconnecting Bluetooth doesn't work (even if it did, its not an acceptable solution). I took my MacBook Air to Apple store twice already and they cannot help either.

aaaAAAAaAaaAAaaarrrrghhh, I'm going to go insane from this problem.

I miss Steve.. he wouldn't let something like this go on for this long. Can a half a trillion dollar company pay attention to its own support forums or at least google "wifi-not-connecting-after-sleep-mavericks" and realize what incompetent company you have become?!

Wifi disconnects after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.