Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accepting mime-attachment.ics invites in IOS 7/iPhone 4 Calendar App. with a google calendar

I have google calendar as only available calendar on iPhone/IOS7. This same google calendar is attahced to the email address I have people send the invites to. I don't know what the origination calendar type is.

Why do some "mine-attachment.ics" invites allow for a "accept, decline, maybe" response at bottom of my iPhone screen, and some do not? This is very ackward - not being able to reply within the calendar "eco-system" of the invite, and having to email back an acceptance to the invite manually.

I stopped using my iCloud calendar because I thought it would not play with Outlook, or google origination invites. It appears the issue is deeper than this. I have gone to advanced settings for the google calendar and actived the the advanced S/MIME setting as suggested elsewhere. I don't know if this will make a difference as I have not recieved any invites since activating this setting.

Can someone, simply, explain why such basic functionality as accepting a calendar invite on iPhone in IOS 7 is **** complicated??????

Thank you.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 5:59 AM

There are no replies.

Accepting mime-attachment.ics invites in IOS 7/iPhone 4 Calendar App. with a google calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.